Monday, July 22, 2013

New Artwork

I just finished a 3 day long Art Walk Street Show in Walkerville area of Windsor this weekend and it went well other then the horrible sun burn I now have as a result! lol  Thank you to everyone who came out to see me, I had a great time getting to talk with all of you!

I finished some new artwork the Thursday night before the show started and just photographed it on Friday morning before I left so I never really got to share any of it, all I did was upload the pics briefly when I had a moment to facebook.

I created a new owl set of 2 mini canvas`s titled LoveDrops, one of which sold this weekend but the other one is now available in my Etsy Shop.  When I started these 2 pieces all I knew is that I wanted to work with teal raindrops and sheet music, I really didnt have anymore of a plan then that.  I used a mixture of acrylic paints, gelatos, inks, drawing pens, watercolor pencil crayons, markers, and probably something else that Im not thinking of at the moment.  





 Available on Etsy




SOLD


I also created a new ACEO as I was down to only 5 originals in my collection.  I did at one point have 7 of those baseball card holder sheets that hold 9 cards per page full of my handpainted ACEO`s so it feels kind of strange to only have 6 cards now! lol  I do have about 40 something of ACEO prints but thats just not the same!  Back at the beginning of summer I put a big sale on in my shop to clear out all of the ACEO`s that were a year old or older so they were marked down to $5 or a $1 so that I could clear them all out to make room for new ones, so this was my own doing! lol  Now I can get back into my ACEO painting addiction and pump out a ton of new cards, well thats the idea anyhow!

This ACEO didn`t really start with a plan either, in fact I very rarely have a plan when I start painting.  What I usually do as what I did with this one is pick out some colors that I like at the moment and start applying them to the surface of my painting, in this case an ACEO size of cold press watercolor paper and in this case it was Cobalt Teal and Quinacridone Magenta that I smeared all over the card with my fingers and used my heat tool to dry it.  I stamped a word stamp in black and added some white, blue and yellow circles and once dry again I could so clearly see the shape of a little girl holding a heart in the paint!  I painted the little girl in and cut out a piece of sheet music for her dress and punched a heart out of a page of an old book. 




Songs of Happy
Mixed Media ACEO

No comments: