Sunday, August 12, 2012

My New Addiction

Ok, can I just say that I am absolutely ADDICTED to painting on fabric!  I just love the way the fabric paint feels on the brush and the fabric and how it blends and the look of it and especially how you can interchangeably use the fabric paint and fabric markers together, hand in hand!   It is just totally awesome!  Any acrylic painter knows what happens if you try and use a marker on your acrylic painting..... 1. it won't work and 2. even if you get it to work for a second, it will never work again, meaning the marker is dead, you might as well throw it in the garbage!  

With that being said, I came up with a new style of ACEO yesterday, taking my love for painting on fabric and turning it into an art card!  I hand painted this original big eye zombie art onto a small piece of linen fabric and then once dry I ironed it to set the paint forever and then sewed it to this totally awesome 2.5" x 3.5" piece of decorative cardstock.  BTW I have been holding onto this 12" x 12" piece of cardstock for almost 2 years now because I love it so much I couldn't bare to use it for anything, I know that sounds weird but its true lol so I finally broke down yesterday and actually cut it up and used it for something.  So this ACEO is pretty darn special!

Without further ado...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty cool....